HAUS DER KULTUREN DER WELT
John-Foster-Dulles Allee 10, 10557 Berlin
SATURDAY, JUNE 27, 1 PM
Masbedo : 2.59 | Video | hdv | color | 00:03:00 | Italy | 2013
FROM JUNE 23 UP TO JUNE 28, 2015
HAUS DER KULTUREN DER WELT
Contemporary visual culture occupies the interface between aesthetic, social and political issues and adapts to the continuing development of production and dissemination technologies. The Rencontres Internationales offers a future-oriented way of observing these practices. After Paris last December at Gaîté Lyrique, Les Rencontres Internationales will offer during 6 days a space for discovery and thought covering the fields of new cinema and contemporary art.
OPENING NIGHT TUESDAY JUNE 23, FROM 8PM
Keynote / Screening / Party
In the presence of artists and filmmakers from all over the world, the event will offer an international program gathering 110 works from 40 countries, internationally-known artists and filmmakers and young artists and filmmakers presented for the first time in Berlin.
SOME HEADLINES OF THIS YEAR’S RENCONTRES
• The Opening night on Tuesday, June 23. Les Rencontres Internationales invites you to discover a surprise programme gathering 5 rare films and videos shown as German Première.
• Wednesday, June 24, German Première of “Kommunisten”, the latest film by Jean-Marie Straub.
• Thursday, June 25, German Première of the latest film by Claire Denis, from a text by Christine Angot, “Voilà l’enchaînement”, in the presence of the filmmaker.
• Friday, June 26, German Première of “Tonight and the People” by Neil Beloufa.
• Saturday, June 27, German Première of the video performance “Film noir 001” by La Ribot, in the presence of the artist.
• The closing screening on Sunday, June 28, Berlin Première of “Ming of Harlem” by Phillip Warnell, in the presence of the filmmaker.
• Among the 110 programmed films and videos, often in German Première: Thom Andersen (USA), Christoph Girardet (Allemagne), Lina Selander (Suède) et Sandro Aguilar (Portugal).
Les Rencontres Internationales offers more than just a simple presentation of the works. It introduces an intercultural forum gathering various guests from all over the world – artists and filmmakers, institutions and emerging organizations – to testify of their reflections and their experiences, but also of artistic and cultural contexts that are often undergoing deep changes. Les Rencontres Internationales reflects specificities and convergences of artistic practices between new cinema and contemporary art, explores emerging media art practices and their critical purposes, and makes possible a necessary time where points of view meet and are exchanged.
June 5, 2015